In a series of two articles for Forbes, entrepreneur and investor Shaun Rein discusses a few widely-held misconceptions about what it really takes to start a successful business.
Many entrepreneurs delay their startup plans or are eventually derailed because of these common business “myths.”
Don’t fall into that trap! Rein advises all would-be entrepreneurs to beware the following ideas:
- You need to spend a lot of time preparing a detailed business plan.
- You need to have a perfect, mind-blowingly innovative product.
- Being the boss means you can give everyone else the hard work to do.
- You have to spend money to make money.
- You have to have an MBA or tons of past experience.
- Raising money from venture capitalists is the best way to go.
NOW WATCH: Ideas videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.