Welcome to Apple day:
1. Good luck to any other tech company wanting attention today. Apple’s big product release day happened in California early this morning, revealing the new premium iPhone X, the slightly cheaper iPhone 8 range, a 4K Apple TV and a new Apple Watch. Check out our wall-to-wall coverage.
2. Stone & Chalk boss Alex Scandurra has some advice on the areas fintech should focus on. The short version is customers, funding, talent and expertise, but if you’re keen to know more, you can read his advice here.
3. Australian startups are ready to pounce on the new crowdfunding rules. Crowdfund facilitator Birchal, according to The Australian, has revealed Melbourne’s Sample Brew will be among the first 5 startups it will help raise funds when applications under the new laws open up later this month.
4. Fintech Afterpay will offer its services within Jetstar. The “buy now, pay later” startup is claiming a first in the travel industry with its deal with the budget airline. Jetstar is hoping the move will prove popular with millennial travellers. Read more here.
5. Self-healing robots can swarm together into one bigger machine. In technology reminiscent of Transformers, European researchers have successfully managed to control 10 units together — but the system is expected to scale up. Read more.