1. Quadruple. Goldman Sachs reckons the new Significant Investor Visas could boost Australia’s venture capital and private equity pool from $120 million to $500 million a year. The full story is here.
2. Up 100%. Bevan Slattery’s dark fibre company Superloop had a cracking first trading day closing up more than 100% at $2.03 a share. Someone also made a huge trade at a crazy premium on Superloop minutes after it listed yesterday.
3. FOR SALE. Business Insider journo Jay Yarrow is offloading his Apple Watch after owning it for a month. He’s explained why he’s ditching the wearable here and he’s not alone. Tank Stream venture partner and BrickX co-founder Markus Kahlbetzer is also regretting his purchase.
I should have never bought the Apple Watch, shame on me! #wasteofmoney
— Markus Kahlbetzer (@mkahlbetzer) June 4, 2015
4. Model everything. Here are 3 concepts the Bigcommerce CEO Eddie Machaalani lives by when running a tech company.
5. Haters gonna hate. Sam Altman, the head of Silicon Valley’s most important startup accelerator Y Combinator, says we’re in a “mega-bubble” that “won’t last forever”. Some of Altman’s choice views on the world are here including why startups should ignore the haters.
Have an awesome weekend! I’m on Twitter.