Here’s the top tech news for Thursday:
1. An anti-fraud fintech startup just won $2 million in a series A round. Secure payments tech firm EFTsure received the backing led by Our Innovation Fund, which will allow it to scale up and prepare for the New Payments Platform coming to the Australian financial ecosystem in October. Read more here.
2. Our Innovation Fund has been busy dipping into its $50 million pot. The VC announced it led a $3 million series A for construction tech startup Assignar. The company already has a foothold in the US market, but the funds will allow it to expand formally. Read more on its plans.
3. The South Australia government has selected Blue Sky Venture Capital to run its $50 million startup fund. The co-investment model will see both the public purse and private investors contribute to the pot, to be invested into startups from South Australia or those that are willing to relocate there. Read more on the deal here.
4. Volvo is dumping the old combustion engine. The 90-year-old Swedish company announced Wednesday that, from 2019, all its models will be either fully electric or have a hybrid engine. Read more on the first conventional car manufacturer to make the switch.
5. Here’s how to quickly track down the Medicare private data leaker. A couple of security experts spoke to Business Insider on how this can be done, while the minister continued to deny that hacking was involved. Read more here.
BONUS: ASX-listed software firm LiveTiles is boasting of 292% growth in annualised subscription revenue. The New York-headquartered company with Australian roots has now six times the growth of the subscription software industry average.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.