1. LegalVision has raised $4.2 million in series B funding led by top-tier law firm, Gilbert + Tobin. The startup, which is also a registered law firm, says the cash will go towards developing its tech offering by exploring how it could integrate machine learning and self-executing smart contracts into the business. Read more here.
2. How AI will change the modern workplace. Technology is changing the way we live. Innovative products like smartwatches, virtual assistants like Siri and Cortana, and self-driving cars are raising the bar on expectations.
So why shouldn’t that change be reflected in the way we work? Business Insider spoke to Dave Wright, the chief strategy officer at cloud computing business ServiceNow about what they’re doing to improve processes and productivity and the workplace, as well as trends we’re likely to see in the future.
3. Airline WiFi sucks but Singapore Airline’s service could be different. Only a select few international airlines that offer in-flight WiFi, and most of them usually suck. So when Singapore Airlines recently started offering its service Lifehacker’s Spandas Lui thought it would be a good opportunity to see if it was any better than the rest. Here’s her verdict on Singapore Airlines’ Internet OnAir.
4. Fishburners is moving into China. The four-year-old organisation, which has offices in Sydney and Brisbane, has announced it is opening up shop in the Caohejing Tech Park in Shanghai to provide space and support for Australian start-ups moving there. Co-founder Peter Davison with head the new office with Daniel Shi of China-based 23Seed. Read more here.
5. Pokémon Go is facing a lawsuit in the US for trespass. New Jersey resident Jeffrey Marder filed a lawsuit against the game saying it encourages people to trespass on to private property to access Pokéstops and Pokémon gyms. The suit requests class action status on the grounds that the legal costs of pursuing a case against the defendants would be prohibitively high for most people.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.