Hello! Here’s what’s happening on Wednesday
1. Sydney-based courier startup Sendle has just signed a major deal with online marketplace eBay. The integration deal lets sellers link their eBay account to the Sendle service, which offers door-to-door delivery at lower prices to incumbent rival Australia Post.
2. EnergyAustralia’s $9.3 million investment in Brisbane-based energy management business Redback Technologies has now born fruit. The company launched the Redback Smart Hybrid System for homes today, which combines solar inverter, a battery enclosure and intelligent energy management software in a single outdoor hub. Read more on how it works here.
3. A former Sydney tech startup CFO has been charged over misappropriating $6.25 million. John Falconer, a former director and CFO of software startup TZ Limited, has been extradited from Thailand to face dishonesty charges in a Sydney court.
4. You have just over two weeks left to comment on the Civil Aviation Safety Authority’s (CASA) discussion paper on drone safety regulation. More than 1000 people and organisations already have and CASA estimates there are at least 50,000 drones being used in Australia today. Submissions close on Sept 22.
5. Village Roadshow CEO Graham Burke plans to start sending out copyright infringement notices as early as November. The company will seek $100 to $200, which includes “damages” from pirates. “We’re talking the equivalent of a parking fine, but it establishes that [piracy] is theft and is the wrong thing to do,” he told Lifehacker.
Have a great day. Find me on Twitter if you’ve got some news to share.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.