Here’s what you need to know in tech today.
1. The Google Sydney HQ is amazing. We have pictures of all of the Google HQ highlights. Including a jam room, pool tables, several cafes and a climbing wall.
2. Apple Pay is finally coming to Australia. In its latest earnings call, Apple has announced a partnership with American Express to take their payments service global. This should see it in Australia by the end of the year.
3. A startup to help you pass the CFA exam. The failure rate for the Chartered Financial Analyst exams are around 60%. Apptuto claims it can put a dent in this, and they are marketing their services to the companies financial analysts work for.
4. Things to look out for at a pitching competition. SydStart’s pitching competition kicks off tomorrow. We polled a couple of the judges to find out what the audience should be looking out for. What makes a good pitch, and a good business idea?
5. Why your on-demand business isn’t the “Uber of X”. A great many companies claim to be the Uber or AirBnB of their respective . But claiming this thoroughly misunderstands what makes AirBnB and Uber so special.
Have a great day! You can catch me on Twitter.