Here’s what you need to know.
1. Victoria claims it’s the place to be for tech startups that want to become unicorns. While Sydney is home to NASDAQ-listed Atlassian, worth $AU10 billion, Victorian small business and innovation minister Philip Dalidakis has claimed “unicorn” (companies worth more than $1 billion) bragging rights for Melbourne, ahead of the launch of the “Mapping Victoria’s Ecosystem” report on Wednesday.
2. This gift card lets recipients buy shares in Tesla, Amazon and Apple, and it could make a great Father’s Day present. Sydney fintech Stake may have just helped you out with the first gift card for shares in Australia. More here.
3. Startcon is back and it’s got a dire warning for disruptors. This year’s theme is “Software is eating itself”, predicting that disruptors are facing threats from rising nimble competitors, established incumbents, increased regulation, growing pains, internal turmoil, dysfunctional board dynamics and conflict with investors. More here.
4. We reviewed the Essential Phone and thought it was superb. The Phone is the first product from Essential, a startup founded and led by Andy Rubin, the “Father of Android”. Its price, design, operating system, and camera all make it first rate. More here.
5. Uber’s co-founder just shared the company’s original pitch deck from 2008. It’s a good look back on the ride-sharing giant to see where it all started. Take a look /a>.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.