Hello. Here’s what you need to know on Tuesday.
1. Scammers are pretending to be the NBN for ID theft. The scams are targeting people over 65 and government body Scamwatch says it has received 316 complaints in 2017 about scammers impersonating NBN with nearly $28,000 lost in the scams. More here.
2. Australia Post is killing its free file storage service. It has warned customers to move their data off MyPost digital mailbox before September 29 if they don’t want to lose it forever.
3. More than $85,500 has been raised on gofundme for the Cadman family after their son died in the Barcelona terror attack. In just 17 hours, the crowdfunding platform has been used to raise $85,600 from 1,051 people.
4. Last year sportswear tech founder Mick Spencer walked away from a $600,000 offer from the Shark Tank sharks. Just 12 months later, he was signed by English Premier League side Sheffield Wednesday to supply the team’s footy gear for the season – 70,000 units for the team, fans and officials. Not a bad leap from selling jerseys from out of the back of a hatchback just six years earlier.
5. Millennial super fund Spaceship has removed Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes from its marketing. Last year it started using Cannon-Brookes’ high-profile testimony of its investment promotion. Now that arrangement appears to have been scrapped.