Welcome to Thursday! Here are the tech stories you need to get your head around today:
1. North Korea has accidentally leaked a list of all its websites. And there’s only 28 of them in the isolationist country. Sample some of the sites here.
2. A brick-laying robot can do the same work in one hour what two human bricklayers would take a whole day. Check out the video here.
3. Federal minister for innovation Greg Hunt is considering starting a massive government-backed venture fund. Innovationaus.com reports the pot would be at least $500 million, which would dwarf AirTree’s new fund announced last week as Australia’s largest venture fund.
4. Telstra, Optus and TPG hog 81% of the NBN current market. iTnews’ findings confirm long-held fears that the NBN market would favour the big boys and crush the smaller ISPs. Read more about the state of market here.
5. Australians are slower to get hooked on a TV show than the rest of the world. Netflix calculated which episode got customers committed to the rest of the series — and Australians are frequently late to catch on. Check out how Aussies fared for each show.
And don’t forget that nominations have now opened for the Business Insider Australia Tech 100! We are looking for the people who have made the coolest contributions to the Australian technology scene in the past year. Nominate now! Entries close tomorrow.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.