Welcome to a new week:
1. The private information of almost 20,000 Australians have been exposed. A UK employee at Bupa Global deliberately copied the information of 547,000 international health insurance customers then “made it available to other parties”, admitted the company. Among those, 19,595 were Australian policy holders. Read more on the breach.
2. Expert360 has secured $13 million in a series B round, led by AirTree Ventures. The cash will see the on-demand consulting marketplace startup develop new functionality and eye off overseas expansion. AirTree co-founder Daniel Petre will now join the board of Expert360. Read more here.
3. An Australian startup is aiming to raise $US20 million using its own cryptocurrency. Video and movie anti-piracy startup Veredictum will generate and distribute its new currency Ventana from August 14 in a move to both generate capital for the business and get the entertainment industry interested in its platform. Read more on the initial coin offering or “token sale”.
4. Famous Melbourne co-working provider York Butter Factory is coming to Sydney. The organisation has partnered with construction company Mirvac, which is currently rejuvenating the Australian Technology Park, to open a new space in August called The Hoist. Read more on how the old Locomotive Workshops will be converted.
5. These are the four devices the smartphone has killed in the past 10 years. Check out the chart that shows how fast a useful product can go out of fashion once a blockbuster replacement comes along.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.