Welcome to Friday! Here’s how the week’s winding up.
1. When is the best time to raise funds for your startup? Three of the best — Canva, SafetyCulture and Vinomofo — recently shared their tips. As Canva’s Mel Perkins says, “Don’t raise unless you know how you’re going to spend the money”. That and more advice is right here.
2. We’re about to hit peak NBN. The government-owned company released its latest corporate plan and says it will make another 3 million homes ready this year — its biggest annual roll-out. The final 400,000 homes will be scheduled for 2020 and the NBN expects to be cash flow positive in FY21 with $5.4 billion in revenue from 8.6 million active services.
3. What you need to know about switching to the NBN. David Glance, director of UWA Centre for Software Practice, University of Western Australia, recounts his first hand experience.
4. Business is booming for ASX-listed, cloud-based data centre NextDC, which is spending $240 million this financial year opening new centres in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. The company announced a statutory net profit after tax of $12.8 million for FY17, plus another up $10.2 million from cashing in earlier tax losses.
5. Everything to expect from Apple on September 12. Most analysts predict there will be three new iPhone models.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.