It’s hump day! Sink your teeth into these tech stories to cruise to the sweet half of the week:
1. Australia’s first incubator Pollenizer is closing down after 10 years. The organisation attempted to transform to a consultancy, but the move has proved to be financially unsustainable as well as not satisfying its entrepreneurial roots. Operations will be fully wound down by June, although five startups still in its portfolio are set to receive previously promised support. Read more on the circumstances behind the closure.
2. Domino’s has unleashed its new artificial intelligence tool. The voice assistant, named DRU Assist, will take customers back to the days when they used to telephone into a store or call centre to order a pizza – but with the convenience of doing it at their own pace and own time. Read more on DRU and the other tech features the pizza giant has in store over the coming weeks.
3. ANZ Bank’s digital head Maile Carnegie has revealed why the bank joined Apple Pay when its big rivals have been holding out for their own digital wallets. The former head of Google Australia said customer demand outweighed the desire to force them onto the bank’s own digital wallet and that Apple Pay showed other potential partners that ANZ is open to collaboration. Read more on her thoughts on Apple Pay and what’s going wrong with innovation in Australia.
4. Which tech tools are startups themselves using in Australia? New research led by Stripe has revealed the most popular automation tools used in the industry – from payments, cybersecurity, customer support to team collaboration. Read more to compare your company against the most innovative enterprises in the country.
5. If you thought Australian real estate was expensive, look who wants to join the scramble. Amazon is now seeking a real estate agent to help it secure locations for its distribution centres, in another sign that it is moving closer to a launch of Australian operations. Read more here.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.