Good morning! Here’s what you need to know.
1. Cisco has released its response to the Australian Government Cyber Security Review. And it has 8 cyber security recommendations.
2. Communications minister Malcolm Turnbull wants MPs to have a parliamentary expenses app. He said if members of parliament could immediately enter their expenses as they were incurred, it would be more accurate and save money and paperwork. Read more here.
3. Deloitte Australia has bought MashUp. Deloitte expanded its brand and spatial design capabilities by buying start-up MashUp, a strategic consultancy specialising in integration of brand values, digital content and design thinking, retail spaces, branches, pop-up and workplaces.
4. SAP has found 3 key digital experiences Australia’s largest brands are failing to deliver. From being dedicated to consumer needs to being responsive and interactive without infringing on customer privacy. Read more here.
5. Uber’s court battle with Australia on charging GST is just the tip of the iceberg. Just because a service is run from an app on a mobile phone at the consumer end doesn’t automatically provide some kind of free pass on taxation. Business Insider’s editor-in-chief Paul Colgan has written more on why here.