- These are 25 artists taking tattoos to the next level.
- We take a look at artists who create tattoos using traditional techniques, unusual materials, or reimagined styles.
- Whether they’re permanent, henna, or temporary, tattoos are for everybody.
Following is a transcript of the video:
25 Tattoo Artists Taking Tattoos to the Next Level
- Rit Kit uses real plants as her stencils. It helps make plants look more realistic on skin.
- Lee Rowlett makes green-screen tattoos. The green ink can become anything you want.
- Steve Butcher led the effort for this huge back tattoo. It was completed by six artists in six hours.
- Choshu Horikazu practices a Japanese technique called tebori.
- Solange Boudreau does henna for special occasions. They last up to four weeks.
- Jenna Kerr specialises in crystal and gemstone tattoos.
- Pedro Acosta creates realistic eye tattoos.
- Lilian Raya is the Lisa Frank of tattoos.
- Sarah Walters does henna crowns for chemo patients.
- Victor Octaviano uses ink like watercolor. It’s like a painting on the skin.
- Balazs Bercsenyi uses ink to tell an animated story.
- Yushi Horikichi practices Japanese tebori. He uses a bamboo stick, ink, and needles.
- Tattly‘s temporary tattoos smell like flowers.
- Nate Siggard creates sound-wave tattoos you can hear.
- Shantall Alam designs henna on pregnant bellies.
- Phil Berge makes stop-motion tattoos.
- Ezrah “The Shark” Dormon is a 12-year-old tattoo artist. He’s an apprentice at a tattoo shop in Panama.
- Antonio “Cacau” Carlos practices irezumi tattoos. He shades using the tebori technique.
- Lewisink specialises in geometric tattoos. He can create optical illusions on the body.
- Deepali Deshpande makes temporary henna-inspired tattoos.
- Jay Freestyle designs tattoos on the spot. He goes into the process without any detailed plans.
- Jael Strauss‘ blacklight tattoos have hidden images in them. You can only see them under UV lights.
- Kim Van Nieuwaal is a face painter who paints glitter tattoos.
- Sabreena Haque does large-scale henna pieces.
- Steve Butcher specialises in hyperrealistic tattoos.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.