Update: Bizarrely, the LinkedIn group is down. But people are still emailing us, so we’ll keep updating this list as we learn more.
Earlier: Before it spun-off from Time Warner (TWX), AOL (AOL) told employees it needed 2,500 of them to fire themselves.
To encourage employees to take the bitter pill, AOL offered both carrot (generous severance packages) and stick (threat of Q1 2010 layoffs).
Here are the 24 AOL employees we know of who took the offer. (We got their names from a LinkedIn group):
- Ingmar Zach – Senior Manager, Search & Local at AOL Europe, London, United Kingdom
- Milissa Tarquini – Director of UI Design and Information Architecture, Greater New York City Area
- Alf Poor – Chief Operating Officer at Relegence. Leaving AOL to pursue a more entreprenurial role, Greater New York City Area
- Muthukaruppan Annamalai, Software Engineer at Relegence, AOL
- Frank Keeney, CSM – Senior Technology Manager, Washington D.C. Metro Area
- Julio Hernandez-Miyares – Experienced and hands on Web Channel, Portal & Search Technology Development Leader at MediaGlow, Greater New York City Area
- Ali Hasan – Senior Web Technologist at AOL, Greater New York City Area
- Shannon Patrick – Sr. Product Manager at AOL, Washington D.C. Metro Area
- Harsh Kalra – Independent Software Engineer, transitioning to iPhone and Mobile development, Greater New York City Area
- Tina Allen-Kolessar – design evangelist | program manager at AOL, Washington D.C. Metro Area
- John Stewart – Vice President, AOL, Washington D.C. Metro Area
- Bill Knight – Vice President + Creative Director at AOL, Washington D.C. Metro Area
- Grant Cerny – Vice President, Products at AOL, Greater New York City Area
- Scott Robson, Editor-in-Chief of AOL Moviefone/AOL Television.
- Bill Crandall, Vice President, AOL Music
- Allison Bucchere, Vice President + Creative Director at AOL
- Alex Shiferman, Senior Program Manager at AOL
- Lou Mintzer, Technical Director, Software Development AOL Operations
- Jerry Boonstra, Senior Technical Manager at AOL Inc.
- Terence Fitzgerald, Content Strategist & Tactical Information Architect
- Laura McGuigan, Web & Graphic Designer
- Lara Rodriguez, Director, creative staff and operations
- Steve Kusterer, Principal Systems Programmer at AOL, Washington D.C. Metro Area
- Petar Canic, Principal UI Designer (recepient of AOL’s Top Talent Reward)
Don’t miss: Pictures from AOL’s spinoff party at the NYSE
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.