If you missed the action on Monday night, you can still catch the 15th Annual Webby Awards on YouTube! Here are some highlights:
- Lisa Kudrow kicked off the big night with a few “innovative” pitches for Internet success.
- Long-time friend of The Webbys, OK Go’s Damian Kulash presented the first award of the evening to Webby Artist of the Year LCD Soundsystem.
- Daniel Radcliffe was on hand to present Vogue Editor Anna Wintour the Webby for Best Fashion Website. Wintour’s 5-Word Speech: “Sometimes, geeks can be chic.”
- The Gregory Brothers with special guest Antoine Dodson brought the audience to their feet with a music performance of their hit single, “Bed Intruder Song.”
- FunnyorDie.com co-founders Adam McKay and Chris Henchy took the stage to accept the Film & Video Artist of the Year Webby but were upstaged by Will Ferrell who broke Webby protocol with his “acceptance haiku.”
- In line with the trademark Webby irreverence, Dan Savage made a creative use of his 5-Word Speech for the “It Gets Better” Project.
- Other highlights include the first ever (RED) Webby award, Norah Jones’ performance of “Ain’t No Grave” to The Johnny Cash Project, and a standing ovation for Mohamed Diab and Amr Salama, who represented the people of Egypt.
If you missed all 5-Word Speeches, performances, and more — don’t sweat! Check out The Webby’s YouTube page to catch all the Webby action.
Special thanks to the Webby’s official Facebook partners: SportsNation, Martha Stewart, Funny or Die, National Geographic, (RED), BuzzFeed, The Huffington Post, Lisa Kudrow, Adrian Grenier and Netted by the Webbys.
Find out more about Sponsor Posts.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.