Good morning. Here are the 10 stocks attracting unusual interest this morning:
- EARNINGS BEAT: Baidu beat fourth quarter estimates with a net income of $175.9 million or an EPS of $0.50.
- RAISED PROFIT FORECAST: Darden Restaurants forecast earnings from continuing operations of $1.04 to $1.06 per share in the third quarter ending in late February.
- EARNINGS BEAT: Pfizer beat Q4 EPS expectations by one cent and announced a share buyback program. The stock is down in the pre-market. Check out the most crowded investment ideas for 2011 >
- EARNINGS BEAT: UPS shares are surging in the pre-market after the company reported a 44% increase in profits.
- finalised DEAL: Sanofi-Aventis’s deal to acquire Genzyme could be finalised by next week. It has raised $18.5 billion for the Genzyme bid.
- EARNINGS MISS: BP dropped after its fourth-quarter adjusted profit fell short of market expectations. Check out the 7 oil choke points that are crucial to the world economy >
- ANALYST DOWNGRADE: Citi downgrades Masimo Corp. to sell and lowered the price target to $28 from $29.
- ANALYST DOWNGRADE: UBS downgraded Massey Energy from buy to neutral and lowered the price target to $65 from $67.
- EARNINGS BEAT: Emerson Electric reported a 13% increase in quarterly profit. It had a Q4 EPS of $0.63 up from $0.56 in the prior year.
- PROFITS MISS: Biogen’s fourth-quarter profits missed expectations with net income falling 21% to $240 million or $0.99 a share.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.