We’ve covered a lot of research at Barking Up The Wrong Tree over the past two years. Here are some of the highlights.
1) The three keys to happiness are pleasure (stuff that feels good in the moment), meaning (belief/religion/philosophy), engagement (friends.)
2) Exercise and religion both make us happy and it’s because they provide small boosts to well-being on a regular basis.
4) Be a selfish boss by making sure your employees are happy.
5) You’re probably still shaking your head at that last statement. You know why? Because we’re often wrong about what really makes us happy. (But we can get better.)
7) There’s a trick for making yourself happier in just a few seconds.
9) Across the board, gratitude is key.
10) If you can only do one thing to improve your happiness, spend more time with friends.
Read more posts on Barking Up The Wrong Tree »
NOW WATCH: Ideas videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.