Good morning! Here’s what you need to know:
- Big war of words between Google, Apple and Microsoft over Android patents! Google wrote a blog post accusing those companies, along with Oracle, of being part of a “hostile, organised” campaign against Android with “bogus patents.”
- Microsoft shot back by releasing an email showing it tried to work with Google over buying mobile patents. Boom! Ka-plow!
- Apple god John Gruber thinks Google’s stance is ridiculous, but our friend Dan Frommer at SplatF thinks Google’s right.
- In other news: JP Morgan says Russian Internet stocks are a buy, because the online advertising market there is going to shoot up faster than everyone thinks.
- Analyst: Apple is going to sell 30 million iPhones in Q4.
- Zynga is suing Google, which is a major shareholder. This is over Zynga’s lawsuit against Vostu, a big-in-Brazil social games shop. Google’s social network Orkut is huge in Brazil and has lots of Vostu games. Awkward.
- Tons of people want to buy Facebook stock. We introduce you to some of them.
- Meet Gnip, a startup that’s figured out a way to make money from social data.
- Mark Zuckerberg’s sister Randi leaves Facebook to start her own social media company.
- BONUS: Who’s the worst-dressed man in Silicon Valley?