Photo: Rodrigo Sepulveda Schulz
Happy debt ceiling deadline day! Here’s what you need to know:
- Airbnb apologizes thoroughly about screwing up with one of their users whose apartment was trashed by an Airbnb renter, and offers a $50,000 guarantee.
- Twitter confirms its giant funding round with Yuri Milner’s DST Global, reported at $800 million at a $8 billion valuation, with $400 million going to previous investors and employees.
- The iPhone 5 is reportedly not coming till October, which is later than expected…
- …but when it does come out, plenty of Android users will switch, according to a survey.
- Meet SendGrid, a startup that is “solving the email problem” for other companies and now has over 30,000 customers.
- After Yahoo blamed a poor quarter on its sales team, a top sales VP slammed the door to go work for startup Yext.
- Martha Stewart’s media empire is not going well, but its she thinks she can turn it around.
- The New Yorker’s iPad app is a smashing success.
- Weird: Skype releases an iPad app and then pulls it almost immediately.
- BONUS: FarmVille ice cream!