Welcome to August! Here’s what you need to know:
- The Airbnb #ransackgate continues: now prominent Airbnb investor Paul Graham is suggesting ransacked Airbnb user EJ is lying.
- Yahoo reaches a deal with Alibaba and Softbank to get out of its Alipay mess–and the market thinks Yahoo got the raw end.
- Amazon-of-India Flipkart is the first startup out of India to join the billion-dollar valuation club.
- Foursquare strikes a deal with Groupon, and it is very smart.
- Microsoft’s Windows Phone revenue is estimated at an “abysmal” $600 million. Yeowch.
- …Meanwhile Apple has two thirds of the profits of the entire industry.
- AT&T will slow down data speeds for some customers.
- Jack Dorsey’s mobile payments startup Square is growing like gangbusters.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about salaries in Silicon Valley.
- BONUS: What do you think about the innovation tax?