Photo: Scott Beale / Laughing Squid
Good morning! Here’s what you need to know:
- The FTC is investigating Twitter over the way it deals with companies on its platform.
- Facebook is going to “launch something awesome” next week, Mark Zuckerberg says.
- China’s sovereign wealth fund wants to buy a big piece of Facebook. Nothing to see here folks.
- The fight between Amazon and California over sales tax is turning real ugly real fast, with California ordering Amazon to collect tax and Amazon refusing.
- An anonymous RIM exec wrote an open letter to the company’s management; RIM responded saying, basically, we’re trying really hard.
- Steve Ballmer spills Microsoft’s year-end numbers. And they’re not good.
- All of Google’s sites are getting a new, Google+-like, design.
- Foursquare expands its San Francisco office.
- OpenSearchServer, an open source enterprise search company, raises an angel round to go after this billion-dollar market.
- BONUS: Mark Zuckerberg joins Google+!