Happy Startup Day! Here’s what you need to know:
- The biggest news in the world today BY FAR is Business Insider’s Startup 2011 conference with a star-studded speaker lineup and amazing startups. Check-in for updates throughout the day →
- A distant second is the news that Microsoft is buying Skype for a cool $8 billion including debt. Here’s what it means →
- Google’s big developer conference I/O is also happening today, and SAI’s Matt Rosoff will be there keeping us updated live. Here’s what to look out for →
- One thing Google will be announcing is its big new music service, which it’s launching without buy-in from the Big Labels. Uh oh.
- Rackspace had a ho-hum quarter.
- Apple will reportedly have big voice recognition features for iOS 5.
- Foursquare has a really smart partnership with Nokia.
- Twitter’s first engineer is hard at work on a secret startup, which he says is as exciting as Twitter.
- Yahoo is staffing up in news and finance.
- BONUS: The history of Skype.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.