Happy April’s Fools! We think most of this is legit:
- Twitter kills the #DickBar.
- Since Apple won’t release iPad 2 sales numbers, eBay does.
- Google locks down Android…
- …and is working on facial recognition for its phones.
- Amazon is working on a mobile payments service.
- Bessemer Venture Partners raises a new $1.6 billion fund.
- Time Warner Cable caves to network pressure, takes channels out of its iPad app.
- Microsoft is trying to get the EU to punish Google.
- Nokia releases the source code to Symbian, its old smartphone operating system.
- BONUS: Google’s April Fools pranks throughout the years.
- For tech news and analysis throughout the day, check-in at SAI →