Good morning! Here’s the news:
- There’s a rumour going around that Arianna Huffington wants to buy back HuffPo from AOL. Expect to hear more about this today when Arianna speaks at SAI’s Startup 2012 Conference.
- Business Insider’s Steve Kovach scored an exclusive interview with Atakan Peker, one of the inventors of Liquidmetal.He tells us that Apple will likely use his technology in a “breakthrough product.”
- Samsung is set to unveil its new flagship Android phone, the Galaxy SIII, at a press event this afternoon. It’s expected to have a massive screen and an insanely fast quad-core processor.
- Even more bad news for Best Buy. The company’s global CMO reportedly left the company earlier this week.
- Tumblr sets its entry-level price for ads at $25,000. That’s $10,000 more than Twitter charges.
- Don’t hold your breath for an Apple TV anytime this year or next. One JP Morgan analyst predicts that Apple won’t be able to release the TV until at least 2014.
- Microsoft has poached 14 researchers from Yahoo! to start a new research lab in New York City. No word yet on what they’re working on.
- Facebook just added a new feature to Timeline that businesses should love. Now users can do more than just “like” and “comment” on posts.
- Google isn’t the only big company trying to take on Dropbox. Amazon just launched a free Cloud Drive app for Mac.
- This Apple executive’s plans to build a 9,000 square foot dream home have pissed off a town. Apparently, some think it will ruin the look and feel of the neighbourhood.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.