1. Apple’s WWDC is happening right now. Here are the best updates you can expect to be coming to your iPhone. The tech giant has also announced the first new Mac Pro since 2013 and a little sweetener for Battlestar Galactica fans.
2. Trump causes a stir in the UK. US President Donald Trump arrived at Stansted Airport ahead of his UK tour to images of a giant penis and a polar bear mowed into the land to protest his climate change views. He also got into a war of words with London Mayor Sadiq Khan, calling him a “stone cold loser”. Meanwhile, First Lady Melania Trump has channeled Meghan Markle and Princess Diana when meeting the Queen.
3. Your 10-second guide to today’s RBA rate decision. The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) will announce its June monetary policy decision today.
4. Were the Chinese warships in Sydney invited? Three warships and 730 sailors from China’s People’s Liberation Army are currently docked in Sydney Harbour, but the ABC reports it was “surprise” visit and some security experts are baffled.
5. Stock prices falling. Asian and European stocks, as well as US futures took a steep tumble on Monday after China’s defence minister vowed not to back down in its trade war with the US.
6.Electric avenue. Australia gets its first fully electric cop car with Victoria Police adding a Tesla Model X to its highway patrol fleet.
7. Who bought Tesla’s carbon emission credits? New documents published by Bloomberg show that General Motors and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) have been among the purchasers of Tesla’s zero-emissions regulatory credits.
8. These are the Australian spots where home prices changed the most. Over the past year, the declines in some regions have been significantly larger than the national average. In others, prices haven’t fallen at all.
9. Aussie trailblazer. Australian-born tech unicorn Atlassian, as well as Microsoft and other big players, are revamping their interview process for developers. Here is how.
10. Obama’s Malcolm Turnbull moment. Former President Barack Obama turned up to the NBA finals rocking a cool leather jacket that earned him rave reviews.
This father in Adelaide reached peak Aussie after reenacting the moment he chased an intruder down the street in only his underwear.
"I was out there in all me glory… I notice I run faster naked." A Fulham Gardens father has re-enacted the moment he chased down an intruder in his underwear, armed with a didgeridoo. The latest in 7NEWS at 4pm and 6pm. https://t.co/nqzWc0wifk #7NEWS pic.twitter.com/vZhz4Wi9Rt
— 7NEWS Adelaide (@7NewsAdelaide) June 3, 2019
You can get 10 things direct to your inbox each morning by punching your details into the form below.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.