1. Huawei is preparing to file a lawsuit against the US government for blocking its federal agencies from using its telecommunications equipment, The New York Times reports. Separately, Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou sued Canada last week for the way she was treated when they arrested her last December. China also accused two detained Canadians of spying on Tuesday, as tensions between the nations grow over the possible extradition of Meng to the US.
2. Newmont Mining has rejected Barrick Gold’s $17.8 billion takeover bid. The deal would have created the world’s largest gold company.
3. Morgan Stanley believes that Australian home prices aren’t close to bottoming. The slow down in recent price falls is likely due to seasonality rather than the prospect that prices may soon bottom, according to the company.
4. UK Prime Minister Theresa May has been accused of “bribing” Labour MPs to back her Brexit deal. She has announced that she intends to give £1.6 billion to neglected English constituencies in an attempt to win support.
5. Here is your 10-second guide to today’s Reserve Bank of Australia’s interest rate decision. It’s unlikely that the interest rate will change so all eyes will be on what the bank has to say on the outlook for Australian economic growth, the domestic housing market and jobs.
6. The Australian dollar rose modestly against most major currencies on Monday. It’s set to be a turbulent trading window today thanks to the busy economic calendar.
7. Virgin Atlantic’s female flight attendants aren’t required to wear makeup anymore. A representative for Virgin Atlantic hailed the move as “a significant change for the aviation industry.”
8. Keith Flint, the lead singer of The Prodigy, has died at the age of 49. He was found at his home in Essex, England, on Monday. The Prodigy completed a tour of Australia in January this year.
9. Hedge fund manager Whitney Tilson believes Tesla will tank more than 60% of its value by the end of this year. “Today I’m making one of my rare big calls: we will look back on last Friday as the beginning of the end for Tesla’s stock,” Tilson said in a newsletter.
10. “Riverdale” and “90210” actor Luke Perry has died at age 52. He suffered a major stroke on Monday morning in Burbank, California.
BONUS: Here is a clip of The Prodigy from Glastonbury Festival in 1997. You’re welcome.
Have a great Tuesday.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.