1. Facebook said its huge outage this week was the result of a “server configuration change.” The outage affected the main Facebook platform, as well as sister apps Instagram, WhatsApp, and Messenger.
2. Apple’s is battling with a technical glitch that is affecting some of its iCloud services. The issue is preventing certain users from accessing services like iCloud Drive and Find My iPhone.
3. British MPs have voted to delay Brexit beyond March 29. An extension of at least three months will be requested.
4. US President Donald Trump said he is “surprised at how badly” the Brexit negotiations have gone. He added that May had ignored his advice on how to better handle negotiations.
5. Millennials have been snapping up stock in Boeing after the Ethiopian Airlines crash. That’s according to data from trading app Robinhood.
6. New research suggests that winter in Australia could disappear by 2050. Sustained temperatures well in excess of 40 degrees are set to become normal in what academics are describing as a “new summer.”
7. Leonardo DiCaprio is backing a $150 million climate technology fund. “Tackling climate change requires an urgent, broad-based shift in our energy use – and technology and private sector investments will play a critical role in securing a healthier future for our planet,” the actor said in a statement.
8. Black water is coming out of taps in people’s homes in Venezuela following a week-long power outage. The water looks like oil and smells bad, according to videos uploaded online.
9. An Australian entrepreneur sold his travel app to American Express. The app, known as LoungeBuddy, allows users to find a book airport lounges.
10. The Reserve Bank of Australia has put down a marker on climate change. A warmer could have very serious implications for businesses and the financial institutions that support them.
BONUS: What a hero this man is.
We’re currently 2.5 hours into a delay leaving Tulsa on @united and our Captain, Matthew just ordered every single person on the plane lunch from Fat Guys Burger Bar. Good people and customer service do still exist! #UA6329 pic.twitter.com/2raUykf4JT
— Flier of things. (@samrwalker) 11 March 2019
Have a great Friday.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.