Good morning! Here’s the news:
- Apple is in talks to acquire The Fancy, a Pinterest competitor, in order to get a foothold in the growing e-commerce market.
- Yahoo just lost another top executive. Jim Heckman, the company’s senior vice president of strategy, is the latest to quit since Marissa Mayer took over as CEO.
- NASA’s Curiosity Rover successfully landed on Mars this morning. Check out the first pictures transmitted from the surface of the red planet.
- Electronic Arts is suing Zynga, accusing it of copying the design and game mechanics of “The Sims Social.” Here’s the most damaging evidence from the lawsuit.
- Here’s the deck Facebook showed Wall Street before its stock crashed.
- Steve Jobs was apparently open to the idea of releasing a smaller iPad after all, according to an internal Apple e-mail revealed in court on Friday.
- Steve Wozniak thinks that cloud computing will cause “horrible problems in the next five years.”
- We just spotted someone wearing Google’s secret Internet glasses on the train like it’s no big deal.
- This ex-employee has some simple advice for getting a job at Google.
- Twitter and Apple have been flirting with each other for years, before Twitter even existed in fact.