Photo: Groupon via Flickr
Morning! The news:
- Groupon is abandoning its shady ACOSI accounting metric from its S1 filing.
- Dropbox is about to close a massive round of funding, and at least one investor has handed it a term sheet valuing it at $10 billion.
- 45,000 Verizon workers just went on strike: It might be rough getting good customer service for a while.
- One of Google’s self driving cars got into an accident … when a human was controlling it.
- Apple execs say they’ll release a cheaper pre-paid iPhone as long as it is an innovative category killer.
- New York startup SkillShare, which lets anyone become a teacher, is about to raise a healthy round of funding.
- Apple is — surprise! — being super secretive about its new Grand Central retail store.
- Everybody hates Google now that it’s trying to do everything.
- Foursquare CEO Dennis Crowley is the “pied-piper” of New York tech, according to a nice AdAge Profile.
- Yahoo is getting hurt by all the changes in display advertising, says the NYT.