Photo: Owen Thomas, Business Insider
Good morning! Here’s the news:
- GitHub, a social coding startup, just raised $100 million on a $750 million valuation. Here’s why it’s worth so much.
- San Francisco’s mayor has confirmed that Pinterest has moved its office to the city.
- Here’s an exclusive look inside Pinterest’s new $9 million San Francisco office.
- RIM’s CEO hints that the new BlackBerry 10 operating system will come out in January during an interview with CIO.
- The New York Post hears from sources that Mark Zuckerberg wants to hire Hulu’s CEO Jason Kilar for a senior position at Facebook.
- Google released the full, open source Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system on Monday, which means it should be coming to a few phones and tablets soon.
- Steve Wozniak says the Microsoft Surface is like something Steve Jobs would have built.
- Meanwhile, Microsoft just bought a company that makes a massive 82-inch touch screen surface that runs Windows 8.
- Lady Gaga’s much-anticipated social network Littlemonsters.com has finally come out of private beta. Take a tour of the new social network.
- In case you missed it: Here are the best engineering schools in the world.