Good morning! Today’s news:
- Apple released the iPhone 4S, not an iPhone 5. It might be a let down, but people will get over it and buy millions.
- The iPhone 4S is an upgrade over the iPhone 4: It has a new chip that’s twice as fast, a better camera, a new antenna design, which is supposed to deliver better phone calls, and it supports new voice recognition software.
- About that voice recognition software … It’s called Siri, and it allows you to talk with the phone. It looks really cool, but it’s unclear how much people really want to talk with their phones.
- Catch up on the big iPhone 4S presentation by watching this 90 second edit of the video.
- Why didn’t we get an iPhone 5? We don’t know, but if you like conspiracy theories, you could put together some evidence to suggest something may have gone wrong for Apple, so it held off on an iPhone 5.
- Microsoft is about to reveal a bunch of new features for the Xbox, including turning it into a cable box.
- Larry Ellison dumped Marc Benioff, CEO/founder of Salesforce, from the speaking line up at OracleWorld. Why? Probably because Benioff is highly critical of Oracle and Ellison.
- Speaking of Ellison, ESPN’s star personality Bill Simmons thinks he should just start his own renegade basketball league to usurp the NBA, which can’t make nice with pro players.
- Kickstarter has been hit with a patent lawsuit.
- Meet the man who lead Goldman’s big Facebook deal.