Photo: Kevin Smith/Business Insider
Good morning. Here’s the news. After, come back to SAI for live news and analysis all day.
- New BlackBerry sales are off to a good start in the UK.
- Even if you adjust for a short 2011Q4, Apple’s Mac and iPod sales in 2012Q4 were pretty bad. iPhone sales look more impressive, however.
- A Samsung Note reportedly exploded in a man’s pocket, giving him second-degree burns.
- This adopted woman found her birth mother using Facebook.
- HTC posted disappointing results, and says it will shift its focus to emerging markets and China.
- HP’s first Chromebook has arrived. It costs $330, has a large screen and small battery.
- Unreliable evidence indicates that Samsung is getting to be a bigger brand than Android.
- Software analyses today’s news to predict tomorrow’s.
- Here’s how Oreo managed to tweet a joke about the lights going out during last night’s Super Bowl.
- Marketers mentioned Twitter in 50% of the commercials during the Super Bowl last night. Facebook only got 8%.