Photo: Apple via Bloomberg
Good morning. News:
- Kleiner Perkins partner Mary Meeker’s year-end presentation on the Internet is out.
- Yahoo has “numerous” ways it can appeal a $2.7 billion judgement from Mexico.
- Scientists have come up with a light bulb to replace the awful fluorescent ones in your office.
- Nokia is going to sell and lease-back its Espoo headquarters for $222 million.
- Apple is hiring dozens of Texas Instruments engineers for its own chip-making operation.
- This man had a horrible experience with his MacBook Pro and says you should think twice before buying your own.
- Here’s Jon Gruber on why News Corp’s iPad-only newspaper, The Daily, failed.
- Oracle will pay three dividends in December.
- SoundCloud – the “YouTube of audio,” which somehow has 180 million monthly users – has redesigned.
- Students in Austria are suing Facebook over privacy.