Good morning. For Sandy-related news, see our main front page.For tech news, continue here:
- Here’s how East Coast Apple Stores are preparing for the storm.
- Amazon mocked the iPad Mini in a new ad on its homepage.
- IBM researchers were able to “pattern an array of carbon nanotubes on the surface of a silicon wafer” – which means that we’re going to keep getting better microchips for at least another decade.
- Penguin and Random House’s parent companies, Pearson and Bertelsmann have created a joint publishing venture in an attempt to survive the Amazon onslaught.
- E-Ink, the company that makes the screens for e-readers is struggling in a tablet age.
- Early stage startup investor Ron Conway is helping the tech industry take over San Francisco politics.
- Steve Jobs’s yacht is finally done. It’s white with a lot of glass, of course.
- This is what it’s like shutting your startup down.
- How Apple has mastered the art of “planned obsolescence.”
- Another big insider lock-up of Facebook shares was set to expire today, but the market is closed.