How was Independence Day Weekend? Here’s what you need to know:
- Apple just placed an order to its suppliers for 15 million iPhone 5s, set to ship in September.
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg is building a “new girls’ network” in Silicon Valley to displace the old boys’ network.
- In case you missed it last Friday: Zynga filed to go public. It earned $12 million on $235 million in revenue in Q1.
- Google lets its real time search deal with Twitter expire. Google used to buy access to Twitter’s “firehose”, or all the tweets in real time, for its real time search.
- South Korea will rid its schools of paper by 2015, replacing everything with tablets.
- Hank Vigil, a top Microsoft adviser, is leaving the company.
- Facebook is planning a big announcement this week. The chatter is it might be Skype-powered video chat.
- HP realises there’s no way its TouchPad can beat the iPad, so it’s pitching it as an enterprise product.
- Joe Biden joins Twitter.
- BONUS: New trend! #twintros.