Photo: Illustration: Ellis Hamburger
Good morning! Here’s the news:
- Netflix has backtracked and decided not to spin off its DVD rentals into Qwikster.
- Facebook’s long-awaited iPad app has finally arrived.
- Here’s our tour of Facebook for iPad.
- Despite being a major extension of its mobile platform, Facebook’s iPad app represents the company totally caving to Apple’s requirements to be in the App Store.
- Apple sold 1 million iPhone 4S’s via pre-order, but when you put that number in context, it’s not that impressive.
- Facebook has acquired Friend.ly, a social Q&A startup.
- Startup accelerator Y Combinator is getting 1 application per minute.
- Yahoo co-founders Jerry Yang and David Filo are “not on the same page.” That’s going to make things tricky as Yang tries to take Yahoo private.
- Motorola is holding an event on October 18 — could the Xoom 2 be on the way?
- In an effort to stop people from guessing its revenue, Groupon will display the percentage of daily deals remaining instead of the exact number.