Later: news all day on SAI.
Now: headlines, below.
- Apple exec Scott Forstall is getting heat for the iPhone maps screw-up.
- Amazon’s new Kindle “is probably the best I’ve used,” says Josh Topolsky.
- Oracle is taking on Amazon’s cloud services.
- 110 Microsoft employees are volunteering to teach computer science to high schoolers.
- Apple is bending over backwards to show people how to add the Google Maps website to their phones.
- The latest redesign to Twitter’s iPhone app has this constant user outraged.
- How a rogue appeals court wrecked America’s patent system.
- The online Apple Store used to call Maps “the most beautiful, powerful mapping service ever.” Those words have been deleted.
- Remember colour the startup that raised $41 million on launch because its CEO, Bill Nguyen, has a proven track record? Well, it no longer employs Nguyen.
- American Idol creator Simon Cowell wants to create a new show to find the next Steve Jobs.