Photo: Business Insider
Happy Hump Day, everyone! Don’t worry, labour Day weekend is almost here.Anyway, here’s the news:
- Apple may introduce a new type of AirPlay called “AirPlay Direct” along with the iPhone 5.
- Speaking of the iPhone 5, it’s pretty much been confirmed it won’t have a NFC chip that’ll let you make mobile payments.
- Well, this is awkward. Marissa Mayer hired a new CMO at Yahoo while the old one was on vacation.
- Zynga’s Chief Creative Officer Mike Verdu has left the company.
- T-Mobile will launch ISIS, a mobile payments system, on its phones in September.
- The FAA is reviewing its wonky policy that bans use of electronics before takeoff.
- Everyone was talking about a new travel app called Valet yesterday, but no one really knows what it does. Oh, but it’ll cost you $200 to find out.
- Gizmodo got its hands on Apple’s Genius guide for Apple Store employees. There’s some really great information in there. Did you know Geniuses can’t say a product gets “hot”?
- Researchers say Pinterest doesn’t generate a lot of sales on e-commerce sites.
- Time Warner wants to bring Gigabit Internet to New York.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.