Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
1. The global shares rally slows down as investors await US private-sector jobs data. See what markets are doing today.
2. Coinbase reveals plans for a crypto App Store that offers third-party apps. Apple has had an influence on the crypto exchange’s thinking, CEO Brian Armstrong suggested.
3. Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger reflected on their iconic friendship in a CNBC interview. They also discussed remote working, how they approach business, and the lessons they took from the pandemic. Here are the highlights.
4. Elon Musk is the most influential figure in financial markets, new survey shows. Some investors surveyed said they sold bitcoin after Musk tweeted negatively about its energy use.
5. The SEC slapped a JPMorgan subsidiary with a $2.8 million fine. Neovest, an electronic trading platform, was operating as an unregistered broker-dealer after being acquired by the bank.
7. On the data docket. Chicago PMI, MBA mortgage applications, ADP employment change, and the EIA crude-oil stocks change data are due.
8. A celebrity SPAC is stealing the meme-stock spotlight from AMC and GameStop. Fintel says it’s one of these 5 stocks that have definite potential for a near-term short squeeze.
9. Riot Blockchain’s CEO and 2 top crypto experts break down the impact of China’s bitcoin mining ban on investors and miners. They also detail 3 reasons why they remain bullish on the digital asset.
10. Kirsty Gibson’s fund beat 99% of its peers last year. The Baillie Gifford portfolio manager breaks down how she identifies companies that will enable ‘structural change’ and shares 3 such under-the-radar stocks.