Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
1. Global shares trade near record highs ahead of key US jobs data. See what markets are doing today.
2. Facebook hits a $1 trillion valuation. Its stock rose after a US judge dismissed two antitrust lawsuits lodged against the company.
3. A space-focused ETF added UFO interference as a possible risk to fund performance. The risk disclosure comes as a government report on UFOs said it still can’t explain more than 140 sightings.
4. Big tech and healthcare stocks stand to lose most from potential Biden tax hikes, BlackRock says. Analysts suggested investors consider small- and medium-cap firms that are less exposed to international tax changes.
5. Cathie Wood files to offer a bitcoin ETF. The star stock-picker’s Ark Invest is working with provider 21Shares to create the fund.
6. The US IPO market has had its busiest quarter in over 20 years. After a downturn earlier this year, data reveals newly public stocks are roaring back.
7. On the data docket. US consumer confidence, the housing price index, and the API weekly crude-oil stock data are due.
8. We spoke to a crypto analyst and entrepreneur who vets early-stage projects. Ian Balina shared with us 3 altcoins that could surge 1,000% – including the eco-friendly version of bitcoin.
9. ETF inflows are on track for a record-breaking year, Bank of America finds. The bank says to buy these 7 stocks to capture the investing frenzy.
10. A weaker economy and stronger dollar threaten to sink the S&P 500 by 11% and send bitcoin tumbling to $12,000, Stifel strategists warn. Here are the 9 industries they recommend hiding in for the rest of 2021.