Good morning! Here’s the news:
- Facebook’s answer to the App Store is just days away from launching, says a source briefed by Facebook.
- Foursquare’s big redesign is now live. Here’s a look at everything that has changed.
- Sean Parker and Shawn Fanning opened up to Business Insider about Airtime, the Facebook IPO and much, much more.
- Twitter’s CEO Dick Costolo revealed that the company’s mobile advertising revenue actually beat its desktop advertising revenue on certain days this year. Hear that, Facebook?
- Samsung just replaced its CEO in the middle of a heated battle with Apple for control of the smartphone market, according to Reuters. The new CEO, Kwon Oh-hyun, currently heads up Samsung’s components business.
- Google’s big announcement about Google Maps yesterday turned out to be a whole lot of nothing. It’s now clearer than ever that Google is terrified of losing the mobile map war to Apple.
- Business Insider’s Jay Yarow argues that Microsoft is in danger of flying straight into a mountain with the upcoming release of Windows 8. The early reviews are really bad.
- Mashable’s founder and CEO Pete Cashmore may be worth as much as $95 million, according to a report in The New York Times.
- If you haven’t done it already, use this app right now to check out if your LinkedIn password was hacked yesterday.
- In case you missed it: Here are the five world-changing stories going on in tech that we’re tracking right now.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.