We cover a lot of pscyh research at Barking Up The Wrong Tree. Here are some of the highlights about parenting:
- Talking back is a good thing. It can make your kid smarter.
- Never spanking can be worse for children than spanking them.
- Peer pressure is more often a good thing.
- You have no idea what’s going on in your kid’s head most of the time.
- Reading to your kids? You’re probably doing it wrong.
- Your child is right that more homework is probably a waste of time.
- There is no need to feel guilty about bribing your kid for eating their vegetables.
- That “Baby Einstein” stuff is a waste of time.
- Lying is a good sign. The earlier they do it, the smarter they are. Problem is you likely have no idea when your kid is lying to you.
- Proud that your kid acts fearless? Start saving bail money.
Join 25K+ subscribers. Get a free daily update via email here.
Read more posts on Barking Up The Wrong Tree »
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.