Good morning! Here is the tech news you need to know this Friday.
1. Snapchat’s Spectacles are finally coming to Europe. The messaging company said it will sell the devices through its pop-up Snapbot vending machines as well as through the Spectacles.com website.
2. Elon Musk has bailed on Trump’s advisory councils. He quit because President Donald Trump withdrew the US from the Paris climate deal.
5. A survey found that an alarming number of UK startup founders endure 80-hour weeks, stress, and strained relationships. It was carried out by venture capital firm BGF Ventures.
6. Skype has received a sweeping new upgrade that refreshes the look and adds a bunch of smart new features to both text and video chat. The “next generation” of Skype will come first to Android devices with updates to the iOS, Windows, and Mac apps coming later this year.
7. Paris is coming closer to toppling London as Europe’s tech hub. It is maturing into an impressive startup ecosystem.
8. Microsoft billionaire Paul Allen unveiled the world’s biggest ever plane. It’s a dual-hulled aircraft which measures 385ft from wingtip to wingtip.
9. Tesla fired the female engineer who is suing the company over sexism and “pervasive harassment” claims. Her name is AJ Vandermeyden.
10. US meal-delivery service Blue Apron offered a detailed look at its financials for the first time as it filed to go public. Goldman Sachs is leading the offering, but we don’t know yet what Blue Apron expects to raise in the IPO.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.