Good morning! Here’s the tech news you need to know this Wednesday.
1. Disney shares slid after it announced that it would pull its movies from Netflix and instead launch an ESPN streaming service. Disney stock fell 3% on the news.
2. The iPhone 8 will reportedly come in three colours: black, silver, and gold. That’s according to a note published by reliable analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.
3. The engineer Google fired over the diversity memo has filed a complaint with federal labour officials. James Damore followed through with his threat to take legal action against Google.
4. Hackers are threatening to dump more “Game of Thrones” content online if they don’t get a ransom of up to $US7.5 million (£5.7 million). The threat was posted alongside a 3.4 GB cache of data.
5. Uber is considering selling its US car-leasing business after losing way more money than expected. The Xchange Leasing business has about 40,000 vehicles and 14 showrooms in the US.
6. Netflix’s CEO gave Peter Thiel a bad grade as a Facebook board member because he supported Trump. Reed Hastings said in an email that he was “mystified” by Thiel’s support of President Trump.
7. LG accidentally leaked its next flagship smartphone. The LG V30 can be seen in a video that was published and then removed.
8. Facebook killed the Snapchat-like app for high schoolers it quietly released last year. Video sharing app Lifestage is no more.
9. UK startup Huddle is being sold to a private equity firm for an estimated $US89 million (£68 million). It’s not a good deal for employees, who will only receive $US100 (£77) each.
10. Microsoft is redesigning the Xbox software with its new, company-wide design system. Fluent Design is the company’s new design system that it created to take over all of Microsoft’s products, from Windows 10, to Skype, to Xbox.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.