Good morning! We’re looking at a drizzly, rainy day in New York, and a 40% chance of rain Saturday, but a nice Sunday. First, we get through Friday. And here’s the news:
1. Apple is reportedly in late-stage negotiations to pay $US3.2 billion for Beats, the company that makes big, ugly headphones. It also has a streaming service, which is what everyone thinks Apple is really buying.
2. It makes zero sense for Apple to buy Beats. Beats headphones are subpar, and its streaming service is also subpar. This is extremely un-Apple-like. Apple doesn’t need the headphones revenue, and it could easily make its own streaming service.
6. Meet the next big thing (maybe): 4D printing. Objects print themselves out, then build themselves.
8. Apple hired one of Nokia’s camera expert. Nokia’s phones may have had flaws, but its camera was always one of the things critics loved.
10. Bitpay, a bitcoin payment processing startup, is in talks to raise $US30 million at a $US160 million valuation from Index Ventures, with Richard Branson, and Jerry Yang. While the price of bitcoin may have dropped, and general interest may have cooled, investors are still betting on it.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.