Good morning! Another clear, sunny day is coming for New York. The high will be in the low 80s. Let’s get on with the week!
1. Fred Wilson, one of the biggest backers of Bitcoin, gave three reasons why Bitcoin still isn’t popular: It’s too easily stolen, it’s hard for people to get, and the price fluctuates so much that people are scared to use it for transactions.
4. There’s been a lot of talk about how internet service providers like Comcast could destroy net neutrality, but one thing nobody is talking about is the fact that wireless carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile are already destroying net neutrality.
7. The guy behind “Product Hunt,” a site that all VCs are using right now talks about his long term vision. Product Hunt has become a way to discover new mobile apps and startups. It’s where Yo was first discovered.
8. People keep asking Kevin Systrom, founder of Instagram, if selling his company for $US1 billion was selling for too little. (He keeps saying no, but he’s probably wrong.)
9. Behold the power of YouTube: Hundreds of tweens stood in line on Friday morning just to meet one of their favourite YouTube stars. (And you’ve probably never even heard of her.)
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.