Good morning! Here’s the tech news you need to know today.
1. Early Twitter investor Chris Sacca has suggested that Google should buy the company. He told CNBC that it’s an “instant fit.”
2. Dish Network and T-Mobile are in merger talks. Talks are reportedly in the formative stage.
3. Box CEO Aaron Levie is hosting a fundraising event for Hillary Clinton. He said that his support of political campaigns will take a backseat to his leadership at Box.
4. Apple has issued a product recall notice for the Beats Pill XL speaker. It has warned that in rare cases it may overheat and catch fire.
5. Yahoo paid $US20 million for the streaming rights to an NFL game. It’s going to stream the game online for free.
6. LinkedIn stock was up 4% on rumours that Carl Icahn could invest in the company. They’re only rumours, though, just like the perpetual rumour that he’s going to buy Twitter stock.
7. Google Glass’ head of business is leaving the position. Chris O’Neill is staying at the company, but won’t be in charge of business operations for Glass.
8. The trailer for video game “Fallout 4” has been revealed. It’s one of the gaming world’s most-anticipated titles.
9. Etsy’s share price has crashed 50% in just two months. Stock was down 3% on Wednesday.
10. Snapchat has hired the former president of The Onion. Sean Mills will become the company’s head of original content.