Good morning! Here’s the tech news you need to know this Thursday.
1. Amazon is interested in buying work messaging app Slack, Bloomberg reports. The deal could value it at $US9 billion or more.
2. A top Apple exec is denying an unflattering story from an upcoming book. Phil Schiller says parts of a book about the invention of the iPhone are not true.
3. Despite the high price, Microsoft isn’t turning a profit on the new Xbox. The Xbox One X sells for $US500 (£392) in the US.
4. Snapchat is struggling to get marketers interested. Only 7% of marketers used Snapchat in Q1 of 2017.
5. Hackers are selling Mac ransomware that could cause “real damage.” A security research firm has found Ransomware-as-a-service for sale online.
6. We got a look inside the exclusive, secret version of Tinder for VIPs and celebrities. It’s called Tinder Select.
7. Ex-Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer says she’s looking “forward to using Gmail again.” Mayer worked at Google before moving to Yahoo.
8. We tried Nintendo’s insane new “Super Mario Game” for the Switch. It lets you throw your hat to possess everything from enemies to dinosaurs.
9. Apple is quietly working on turning your iPhone into a one-stop shop for all your medical info, CNBC reports. The firm reportedly wants it to hold everything from a record of your doctor’s appointments to your prescriptions.
10. Some Uber employees still plan to quit, they said on an anonymous app. 103 employees took part in a poll shortly after the firm’s all-hands meeting on Tuesday.